[lug] Tape Drives

Sexton, George gsexton at mhsoftware.com
Mon Oct 28 12:43:51 MST 2002

You should probably read:

http://www.tolisgroup.com/pdf/BRUFacts.pdf

-----Original Message-----
From: lug-admin at lug.boulder.co.us [mailto:lug-admin at lug.boulder.co.us]On
Behalf Of j davis
Sent: 28 October, 2002 12:13 PM
To: lug at lug.boulder.co.us
Subject: [lug] Tape Drives

Hello,
  So i got a new tape drive and its up and running in my
rh7.3 box. I have 2 new dlt3xp tapes that are good for 15/30 gigs.
I have never used dump before. Looks like i could do something like
this...
/sbin/dump 0f /dev/st0 /etc/ /var/www /home /var/spool/mail

does that look ok. Then i could just do a level 3 dump daily
after that ? Any gotchas out there for tape newbies?

thanks,
jd

jd at taproot.bz           |  "MORE INPUT!"  |
http://www.taproot.bz   |    Johnny 5     |