[lug] Samba 2.2.3a-6 on Redhat 7.3

Joseph McDonald joem at uu.net
Tue Oct 29 19:17:17 MST 2002

The best way for a samba noob to get it up and running, sharing
files, etc. is to use swat.  'man swat'

That will get you started in the least amount of time.

To start your daemons without using swat (if you've already
configured samba's config file) would be simply

  service smb start

That will also start nmb, the windows name service deamon.

	--joey