[lug] OT: ATT Broadband service interruptions?

Fred Robinson fred.robinson at sipfusion.com
Thu Oct 31 10:34:50 MST 2002

Can't say I've seen this exact problem, but it sounds like an RF tuning
problem in your cable plant.  The RF is ranging which is causing your modem
to lose connectivity.  I would call AT&T and tell them there is an RF
problem in your neighborhood.  And it is possible that it is an isolated
problem with your cable run and your cable run may require more attenuation
to "tune" it properly.

And yes, your modem can be rebooted from the headend (from the Cable Modem
Termination System, CMTS), but that's not what's happening here.

Fred Robinson
Operator, SIPFusion

558 Copperdale Ln.
Golden, CO 80403