[lug] OT: ATT Broadband service interruptions?

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Fri Nov 1 15:40:44 MST 2002

RF tuning problem?  Perhaps an RF level problem, but if it's going out
of tune (off-frequency) the cable operator has some SERIOUS problems.

I think what you're saying is that most cable modems like to see their
incoming levels at a reasonable amplitude... and yes, attenuators are
sometimes used to pad the signal if you're *very* close to the head-end.

A more "common" problem is simply the quality of the coax being used
indoors and where it runs in the house... a "quick fix" for many cable
modem problems is to throw out the crap coax the cable installer used to
connect the modem and replace with an appropriate length of good quality
75-ohm stuff and good connectors.

Nate