[lug] cisco678 - PPP - /29

j davis davis_compz at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 3 00:11:16 MST 2002

Hello,
  i got a block 0f 8 ips from isp. I have adsl using
a cisco678 DMT modem with cbos 2.4.7. I have used this modem for a long
time in ppp mode with one ip doing nat...pretty standard stuff. Now the ip
i have been using is 209.155.171.204 The new block they gave me is...
209.155.168.208-215. I still get dhcped 209.155.171.204 to wan0-0 or
eth0 depending if nat is enabled or disabled. So my isp...and all the docs i
can
find tell me to assign vip0 209.155.168.209 255.255.255.248 . So i did....
It seems to work off and on then give out. I can always get connection
when i go back to one ip. So i am at a loss....some 25 hrs later.
My isp does not support bridging. And it would appear as if other people
with ppp based isp can do it..I have tried all of these configs
http://www.help-connect.com/cbosprogramming.htm#BD ..and like i said
sometimes one box will be up and the rest arent, and vice versa. I read a
little
thing that said maybe the arp cache on my boxes was causing issues. so i
have
cleared the cache on my linux boxes and the router. I dont really know what
try at this point....maybe ill get a cisco827 and just hope it works...or
use a isp that does bridging. Can someone offer any advice on any of this?

thanks,
jd

jd at taproot.bz           |  "MORE INPUT!"  |
http://www.taproot.bz   |    Johnny 5     |