[lug] cisco678 - PPP - /29

Frank Whiteley techzone at greeleynet.com
Sun Nov 3 09:57:48 MST 2002

Using eth0 and vip0, the only way I could finally get it to both NAT and
route was to add the following to configure the outside port for NAT.  I
assume you want to keep NAT enabled.  Qwest 2nd tier support and ISP were
not helpful and I had to dig this out of CISCO docs and even that wasn't
clear that it was the issue. (FWIW, Cisco 675s did this fine out of the
box).

set int wan0-0 outside-ip 209.155.171.204 (in your case)

Also do
show int eth0
and
show int vip0

Your public subnet should be set to outside.  Your rfc1918 subnets should be
set to inside.  I recently added a second rfc1918 subnet to vip1 and had to
issue
set int vip1 inside
to get NAT working on that subnet.  It defaulted to outside for some reason.

Remember
write
reboot
following any changes.

I assume you've added the route for your subnet then.  If not, you'll need
to.

Frank Whiteley
Greeley