[lug] Re: [CLUE-Tech] ripping mp3s with grip and rh8 xmms

Jeremy Huber jhuber at fallenknight.org
Fri Nov 1 21:00:33 MST 2002

On Fri, 2002-11-01 at 18:57, Neal Cassady wrote:
> I have several mp3s which i cant play with xmms under rh8. redhat, in
> view of proprietary feature of mp3, RH has disabled xmms from playing
> it. Though thereś a work around for this as said in RH web page but
> the link in xmms seems to be dead, (is it busy or was it forcebly downed).

I'm not sure about what the particular problem you're having is, but
here's a temp link to the xmms-mpg123 rpm to "fix" MP3 playback in the
RH 8.0 xmms... this was gotten from the site in Norway before it went
down...  http://www.fallenknight.org/xmms-mpg123-1.2.7-13.i386.rpm.

Of course, if this doesn't fix you're problem, sorry.  I tried. :)

Jeremy