[lug] redhat8 and Apache

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Wed Nov 6 11:36:30 MST 2002

On Tue, Nov 05, 2002 at 07:28:30PM +0000, j davis wrote:
>Ok, no where in my httpd config will you find any of these...

In Red Hat 8.0, they've added a neat little feature which splits off the
httpd.conf into an xinetd.d/logrotate.d/cron.d like directory of
configs, so that packages can more easily add their own configs without
mucking with the main httpd.conf.

In this case, you want to look at /etc/httpd/conf.d/ssl.conf:

   guin:httpd$ grep _default_ /etc/httpd/conf.d/ssl.conf
   <VirtualHost _default_:443>

>as far as Apache goes I'd simply remove it and install apache 1.3.26
>back. Apache 2 is the recomended version acording to the apache site but
>many of the mods aren't avalable or just don't work well with it yet.

You'll probably also need to pull the associated PHP and SSL packages
from 7.3, but this really shouldn't be a problem to do.

Sean
--
 Language is the most important .. uh..  I think you know what I'm trying
 to say.  -- Steve Martin