[lug] Blurry text with new monitor

Jeffrey Siegal jbs at quiotix.com
Sun Dec 1 00:10:22 MST 2002

Dan Cox wrote:
> I just bought a new viewsonic 19 inch A90f and the text seems to be
> really blurry. I'm pretty sure the monitor is installed correctly as far
> as the vertical and horizontal rates are concerned. I've also played
> with the resolution and this doesn't seem to change anything. I'm pretty
> sure the video card is good because the old monitor was working fine.
> Any help or suggestions is appreciated.

A few suggestions:

1. Are you sure the card is able to handle the resultion you're using
*non-interlaced*?  If the card is switching to an interlaced mode, text
will look bad.

2. Try adjusting the convergence and/or focus settings on the monitor.
Usually they come pretty close from the factory, but maybe yours didn't.

3. Call tech support.  They might decide the monitor you got is a dud
and send you a new one.