[lug] Debian is better?

Jeff Schroeder jeff at neobox.net
Mon Dec 16 13:51:23 MST 2002

Jack wrote:

> I am a RedHat user and administrator.  I have tried Suse, Mandrake,
> Caldera,  and Slackware.

I, too, am sold on Red Hat.  I've tried SuSE and Debian, and even messed
with Gentoo for a bit.  But Red Hat is tried-and-true for me, and I've
been using it since 5.0.  (I admit that, like jd, long experience is
hard to overcome by "messing with" another distro for a week or two.
So maybe I'm not being fair to the others.)

I haven't even attempted to install RH 8.0 on any of my production
servers, because I've heard few good comments about it.  7.2 works
great, and I keep my packages up to date so don't really have a
pressing need to bump the RH version.

$0.02,
Jeff