[lug] ACK! NO! AGH! HELP!

David Morris lists at morris-clan.net
Fri Dec 20 01:18:14 MST 2002

Well, I royally messed up.  I downloaded my email today to
my home system (from a central server) and did:

    fetchmail -D 5 -N

to start up fetchmail as a daemon checking every 5 seconds.
What I *meant* was:

    fetchmail -d 5 -N
               ^

Note the change in case of the "d" character.  So what
happened is the mail is queued for delivery, but cannot be
delivered...because the "-D" option set the hostname to "5",
which parses to "0.0.0.5", which is invalid.

I *must* have some of those messages back, so how do I get
them?  I use postfix, so they are currently stored in the
"deferred" directory, but in a non-usable format.

Any help?  Please?  Fast?

--David

----- End forwarded message -----