[lug] Qwest's Actiontec 1520 and Linux Success?

Kirk Rafferty kirk at fpcc.net
Thu Jan 2 23:33:41 MST 2003

On Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 09:23:35PM -0700, Calvin Dodge wrote:
> I've seen some good prices on Ebay for Cisco 675s and 678s. Might they
> fill your need?

We've found QWest notoriously cranky about supporting older hardware (such
as the Cisco 67[58]) on new DSL connections.  They will support your
existing setup, but they get mighty uncooperative when you want to use a
new line with old equipment.

Having said that, if you have a choice between the 675 and 678, go with
the 678.  We've seen less problems by far on the 678 than the 675 (although
the 675 at my house has run fine for 2 years).

-k