[lug] X with duel monitors problem

Warren Raquel boulderlug at sohonetworksetup.com
Mon Jan 6 10:54:42 MST 2003

Ditch the S3. It has something to do with the card running in VGA mode. In
order for multi-heading to work the card needs to be able to turn of VGA
mode in order to run as a secondary head. S3s don't play well like that so
they stay on the whole time confusing the system and fighting for control.
At least, that's what I've been told. I've tested with 3 different S3 cards
and I never got multi-heading to work, a shame since I would have had 4
screens. I had one other card available, the Matrox Millenium 2. That
worked like a charm and still does. I would say you need to find out how to
turn off VGA mode on your S3 card. If you can do that you're home free, I
think, if not, get on eBbay and get something else.