[lug] Rehash: Ethernet Sound Card

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Thu Jan 9 21:19:36 MST 2003

On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 08:50:26AM -0700, Peter Hutnick wrote:
>The reason I bring it back up, however, is that it seems someone has done
>exactly what I was talking about.  Slashdot has an article at

My understanding was that you didn't want to actually use IP though.
His device pulls a DHCP address then can accept PCM audio -- assuming
that the PC decodes it.

It sounds like a good idea if he can do it for <$100.  In looking at it,
I found that there are some others that do MP3 decoding for $149, and
another one that is 802.11b connected for $240-ish.

Sean
--
 "What do you call it when your software licensing guy's hands start
 bleeding?  Stig-mata."  -- Sean Reifschneider, 1999