[lug] linux utility ascii from tex

Dhruva B. Reddy bdhruva at gmx.net
Tue Jan 14 09:29:43 MST 2003

There is one.  Unfortunately, I cannot remember what it is called, which
was frustrating as I needed it to convert my resume to plain text.

You may find this hard to believe, but I have had better luck generating
PDF and running that through either "pdftotext" or "ps2ascii" (both read
PDFs).

All three of these utilities require some manual post-conversion
cleanup, but I spent a lot less time on this after using pdftotext and
ps2ascii.  The jury is still out on which of these two I prefer.

-d

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003 at 09:14 -0700, Rob Mohr soliloquized thusly:

--
"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish
we didn't." Erica Jong (b. 1942); US author