[lug] KRUD 8.0 (12/1/02) Install Issues

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Tue Jan 14 10:58:50 MST 2003

On Tue, 2003-01-14 at 09:13, Michael Deck wrote:

>   How often do you do this?

I do a fresh install on my laptop and some of the desktops/servers
(depending on their applications) not long after a new version of Red
Hat (or, more recently, KRUD) comes out.  Some of my machines are still
running RH or KRUD 7.3 but they're behind firewalls and theres really no
pressing need to upgrade so long as I stay on top of the security
updates.

I try to apply updated RPMs (esp. those involving security problems) to
my machines on a weekly basis.

>  What I've been hoping to do is get myself up to where I can just drop
> in the monthly shipment of KRUD and have it upgrade what it needs to,

I purchased a KRUD subscription only recently so I've not yet gotten in
the habit of using their CDs.  I expecting that it will save me some
time and energy by having their monthly updates.

good luck,
Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
Post-Doctoral Researcher   |  Email:  ed at eh3.com,  ehill at mines.edu
Division of ESE            |  URLs:   http://www.eh3.com
Colorado School of Mines   |    http://cesep.mines.edu/people/hill.htm
Golden, CO  80401          |  Phones:  303-384-2094, 303-273-3483