[lug] Sound driver

Elyse Grasso emgrasso at data-raptors.com
Mon Feb 10 11:05:30 MST 2003

It's all the same physical cards in the machine in both places: I
perform the following steps:
At work,
Shutdown laptop.
Unplug net cable from dongle and dongle, mouse and power cord from
laptop
Put everything into case.
Drive home.
Take everything out of case.
Plug dongle, mouse and powercord into laptop. Plug ethernet cable into
dongle. Optionally plug modem dongle/cable into modem card.
Boot.
(Sound doesn't come up.)

Later, shutdown pc.
In the morning, unplug everything and put dongle, mouse, powercord and
laptop into case. Drive to work.

Take everything out of case.
Plug dongle, mouse and powercord into laptop. Plug ethernet cable into
dongle.
Boot.
(Sound comes up.)

On Monday 10 February 2003 10:35 am, Warren Sanders wrote:
> Elyse Grasso wrote:
> > Here's a weird one.
> > How does the laptop know that it is at home instead of at work and
why
> > should that affect the sound drivers?
>
> Must be IRQ I/O differences.  Are they the same card models?
>
> --
> Warren Sanders
> http://MontanaLinux.Org

Elyse Grasso