[lug] pin numbering on SCSI drive ID select?

D. Stimits stimits at attbi.com
Fri Feb 21 20:45:13 MST 2003

Below is a URL of really bad art I added to an excerpt from an IBM spec
sheet for their DDRS-39130 SCSI UW (40 MB/sec) 68 pin drive:
   http://www.battlefieldlinux.com/images/IBM_SCSI_jumper_block.png

Viewed from the back in the sketch at the bottom, the power connector is
on the upper left of the drive, the 68 pin SCSI cable connect on the
upper right, and the auxiliary connector used for jumper setting at the
back between these. What I'm trying to figure out from the manual is
whether pins 1 and 2 are next to the power connector, or next to the 68
pin SCSI connector? I need to set this to ID 4, so DAS2 needs to be
jumpered, but I'm not sure if this is the 3rd pair from next to the SCSI
connector or the 3rd pair of pins from next to the power connector. Can
anyone enlighten me?

D. Stimits, stimits AT attbi DOT com

PS: I have this old computer completely torn apart to get the drive in
there, to retry again after putting it back together will be a major pain.