[lug] Suggested Colo's in Boulder, managed hosting?

Bear Giles bgiles at coyotesong.com
Mon Mar 3 17:00:16 MST 2003

Eric Peers wrote:
> Thanks for the info Bear. I am curious why you said
> that Full Hosting/Managed Hosting is superior to
> colocation?

What are you selling?  Your ability to manage a box, or something
  sold through the box?

My friends and I are all senior developers and/or sysadmins, so
there's a certain amount of value in being able to claim that we
eat our own dog food.  But it's a lot more work, esp. since it's a
singleton system that's an hour away.

Besides that issue, some servers contain sensitive information
that simply can't be trusted to third-parties.  The crypto keys on
my CA project, for instance.

Bear