[lug] [OT] (X)emacs mode for xslt?

D. Stimits stimits at attbi.com
Wed Mar 12 13:15:03 MST 2003

> Well, my customer switched from a static-render model (a _very_ expensive
> "commercial" solution) over to live rendering -- it makes the workflow
> so much easier for all involved parties. Rendering of a weeks edition
> took several hours (on a Sun Enterprise box) ....
> Keeping a single "master version" of an article was one of the goals
> for the new system (sometimes the editor in charge _has_ to be shure
> that an article got changed everywhere on the website :-/

What would be ideal might be a cache system (not in the sense of browser
based cache) where the server renders the static page the first time it
is called (to a private file), creating the content once; then if the
static page currently in residence on the server is up to date at the
moment of a page hit, it would simply cat the static page to the hit
request. If the page is altered only once per week, it would seem
efficient to not generate it every single hit. Something like a time
stamp change or MD5 change on the XML side could be used as a cache
regeneration trigger.

D. Stimits, stimits AT attbi DOT com