[lug] Xircom RealPort Modem/Redhat 8.0

Douglas Ohlhorst Douglas.Ohlhorst at noaa.gov
Wed Apr 2 10:27:36 MST 2003

Hello,
I have been trying to get a Xircom RealPort CardBus Modem 56
GlobalACCESS (RBM56G) to work under a RedHat 8.0 on a Dell Latitude
c640. Kudzu did find the device though checking through the logs files
it does not set any tty to be used. When checking the /var/log/messages
file I only see the following lines when the card is inserted:

cs: cb_alloc(bus 3): vendor 0x115d, device 0x0101
PCI: Enabling device 03:00.0 (0000 -> 0003)

I was curious if anybody has any ideas of where I should proceed next,
any help would be great.

-= Douglas Ohlhorst