[lug] web hosting/ domain reg recommendations

D. Stimits stimits at attbi.com
Wed Apr 9 17:47:34 MDT 2003

luke p wrote:

> Hey,
> I'm apart of a small start up here in the area and with all good
> companies in this day in age am setting up a website. I'm looking for a
> recommendation on a good (doesn't have to be local) website
> hosting/domain registration company for my site (like tummy.com or
> register.com), that is a bit more professional than what you might use
> for only personal sites.
> Thanks,
> Luke

I have used www.your-site.com on my battlefieldlinux DOT com for years.
I love it, it is very cheap, and they use redundant OC-3's only in
combination with Sun hardware, and UNIX shell account. The web software
is a mass-hosting setup that very very closely mimics Apache. They offer
a number of additional fee services for small cost, such as MySQL. CGI
type technology such as php and perl are included for no fee. In several
years, from their east coast site to here in the Boulder area, I've only
seen lag during loading like twice.

On the other hand, there are local linux places that might offer java
servlets (if you need that), which www.your-site.com doesn't provide.

D. Stimits, stimits AT attbi DOT com