[lug] Digital cameras

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon Apr 14 15:35:36 MDT 2003

On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 03:29:22PM -0600, D. Stimits wrote:
>Without a doubt, Canon and compact flash.

The down side to Compact Flash is that it's comparatively large...  I
really wanted my next camera to have CF, since my laptop has a built-in
CF slot.  However, when I decided to go the ultra-compact route, I
realized that wasn't going to happen.  CF is about the same volume as my
battery, and probably 6 times as large as the MMC that my camera uses.

The big benefit of CF is that it's cheap.  MMC costs around $50 for
128MB, where CF is about half that.

For me, that's not a big consideration because I'm always carrying my
laptop, and I have automated downloading photos to the point where I
just stick the media in my laptop, wait until it beeps twice, then pull
it out and I'm ready to shoot another 150 pictures...

Sean
--
 If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, you must
 be at least a foot shorter than them.