[lug] Parport Error

rm at fabula.de rm at fabula.de
Sat May 3 05:18:29 MDT 2003

On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 11:41:07AM -0600, D. Stimits wrote:
> SoloCDM wrote:
>
> >I have parport in my /etc/modules file.  Nothing happened until
> >recently.  When the server is booting I get the following error:
> >
> >   parport0: detected irq 7; use procfs to enable interrupt-driven
> >   operation.
> >
> >How can the situation be corrected?

Is there a "situation"? I'd say that the parport module detected that
your parallel port supports interupts (not all of them do, and some have
to be enabled by means of BIOS settings). The module seems to inform you
that you can enable interupt driven operation (which tends to eat less
CPU cycles). Nothing to worry, i'd say.

 Just my 0.002$

   Ralfd