[lug] build help errno.h

Jeff Schroeder jeff at neobox.net
Thu May 8 08:50:24 MDT 2003

Paul wrote:

> This is how I've gotten it compiled now:
>  changing all the occurrences
> of "extern int errno;" with "#include <errno.h>" fixes this.

IIRC, the errno problems are a result of newer versions of glibc.  Maybe
the Mandrake distro you're using is (relatively) new?  I came across
documentation on this (sorry, I don't remember where) a few months ago
when I was having the same problem.  I believe the glibc developers
made attempts to be backward-compatible but it still introduced
problems with software that expected errno to be defined a certain way.

My solution was similar to yours, so I guess that's the way to go. :)

FWIW,
Jeff