[lug] remote xterm question...

Peter Hutnick peter-lists at hutnick.com
Mon May 12 15:02:32 MDT 2003

Michael D. Hirsch said:
> On Monday 12 May 2003 03:45 pm, Todd Ruskell wrote:
>> This sounds cool, but I can't find it.  I hate asking obvious
>> questions, but where, exactly, under "Internet and Network" is this
>> found?  I'm using the debian stable KDE 3.1.1a packages, and the
>> sub-categories I see are "Email", File Sharing", "Local Network
>> Browsing", "Preferences", "Proxy" and "Web Browser".
>
> Uh-oh.  sounds like a RH/Debian incompatibility.  At the risk of
> sounding  facetious, I will say that it is the entry directly preceeding
> "Email".   given that the list is in alpha order, I guess that isn't
> surprising.

I'm using the RPMs from
http://download.kde.org/binarydownload.html?url=/stable/3.1.1a/RedHat/9/i386/
which are as "official" as they get.  (For non-KDE folks, there are NO
official KDE binaries for /any/ platform.)  I'm not sure who generated
them.  I would expect the packages at "deb
http://download.kde.org/stable/3.1.1/Debian stable main" to be equivalent.

-Peter