[lug] remote xterm question...

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Mon May 12 14:19:03 MDT 2003

On Monday 12 May 2003 03:45 pm, Todd Ruskell wrote:
> This sounds cool, but I can't find it.  I hate asking obvious questions,
> but where, exactly, under "Internet and Network" is this found?  I'm
> using the debian stable KDE 3.1.1a packages, and the sub-categories I
> see are "Email", File Sharing", "Local Network Browsing", "Preferences",
> "Proxy" and "Web Browser".

Uh-oh.  sounds like a RH/Debian incompatibility.  At the risk of sounding
facetious, I will say that it is the entry directly preceeding "Email".
given that the list is in alpha order, I guess that isn't surprising.

Either RH or Debian has messed with a default.  Right now I am using the RH
packages, but when I compiled from scratch I'm pretty sure that where it
was.

Is it possible that there is another package for you to install that will
provide this feature?  Maybe some kde-desktop-sharing deb, or something?

Sorry I'm not more helpful.

Michael