[lug] SCO (aka Caldera) now suing all Linux users

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Thu May 15 12:37:01 MDT 2003

On Thursday 15 May 2003 02:02 pm, George Sexton wrote:
> I'm not suprised. Everything Ray Noorda has been involved in since he
> left Novell has been strange.
>
> There was buying DR-DOS so they could sue Microsoft.
>
> There was starting Caldera, but then never making it go.
>
> Buying SCO, which clearly was in trouble against Linux was strange.
>
> Don't forget, he was involved in Novell's purchase of USL and creating
> "UnixWare" which actually sold in a Red box.

Which extends my favorite conspiracy theory: that Novell was secretly in
cahoots with Microsoft.  If you look at stuff that was going on at Novell,
they bought UNIX, a big MS competitor at the time, and drove it into the
ground.  They bought DR-DOS, to drive it into the ground.  Then he started
Caldera, and recently has started working on destryoying Linux.

More than coincidence...?

Michael