[lug] SCO (aka Caldera) now suing all Linux users

John Hernandez John.Hernandez at noaa.gov
Thu May 15 12:57:08 MDT 2003

On Thursday 15 May 2003 01:03 pm, ljp wrote:
> I believe they really mean GNU/Linux, not Linux, as I doubt the kernel has
> any SCO code in it.

My interpretation is that they're talking about Linux, as in the kernel and
device drivers.  The GNU stuff isn't Linux-specific to my knowledge.  If SCO
had a beef with GNU, I presume they'd go after them directly, and I didn't
see any mention of them in the letter.

I don't think this will go very far.  If anything, a judge will have them
reveal the specific IP infringement, if any, and it will be quickly rectified
by the Linux community.