alien and perl config, was: Re: [lug] .deb to tarball or .rpm

D. Stimits stimits at attbi.com
Tue May 20 13:51:16 MDT 2003

Jason W. Strnad wrote:

> Alien: http://www.kitenet.net/programs/alien/

Interesting, I had this package already, as part of the KRUD 7.3
install. Unfortunately, something is configured wrong, as it fails on
the perl line "use Alien::Package::Deb", in trying to use the --to-rpm
(or --to-tgz) option. However, the perl module does exist, it is at
/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0/Alien/Package/Deb.pm

...it simply can't find it. The perl script is using the proper perl,
5.6.1, via #!/usr/bin/perl -w. Anyone here know if there is some special
environment setup for perl which RH/KRUD 7.3 lacks to find perl packages?

D. Stimits, stimits AT attbi DOT com