[lug] Raid on a Compaq DL380

Erick Bodine erick at allocity.com
Wed May 21 11:20:04 MDT 2003

All,

I have inherited administration of a RH7.3 system on a Compaq DL380.
There is about 15G of unpartitioned space on the SCSI drive that I would
like to make use of.  Unfortunately, fdisk & sfdisk do not recognize the
device /dev/ida.  The device name ida is itself confusing, I was under
the impression that HD device names were prefixed w/ either h,s,or x.
The other confusing thing is that there is only a single disk in the
system yet the RAID array controller thinks that the configuration is
RAID 0.  Something that I thought was not possible with only one disk.

--ERick