[lug] RedHat 9?

The Matt thompsma at colorado.edu
Wed May 21 14:10:55 MDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-05-21 at 13:40, Philip Cooper wrote:

> On second thought ... if no one has RH 8 disks to bring to Caffe Sole
> on thurs are there any debian disks out there :-?

Wow...this surprises me.  I've gotten annoyed with Redhat because they
*aren't* as bleeding edge as I want!  I mean, if there is even a small
tick upgrade in my fave packages, I want it now!  Unfortunately, Rawhide
seems to only upgrade some packages quickly (e.g., KDE), while others
get upgrades every solar eclipse.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to go Gentoo when 1.4_final comes out (so I
only have a year or two to prepare...).  That distro is probably as
bleeding-edge friendly as any.
--
"And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony, anyway?  I mean,
all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good