[lug] RedHat 9?

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Thu May 22 08:48:41 MDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-05-22 at 09:33, The Matt wrote:
> Of course, now I run some packages that Redhat has disavowed (e.g.,
> galeon), so I get broken dependencies everywhere.

I'm still running KRUD's RH7.2 on a bunch of boxes that I update using
Ximian's website.  For me, this works fine. If it aint broke, don't fix
it - you're definition of broke may differ, of course.

I'm considering upgrading sometime in the near future to 9.x using KRUD,
though I do a reinstall instead of an upgrade.  However, I've learned to
love Galeon.

So what's the deal - why did RH "disavow" Galeon?  Is there a list of
other apps that fall under this category?  It'll be nice to know which
apps are missing so I can add that to my "to-be-processed" list during
the upgrade.
--
Michael J. Hammel                               The Graphics Muse
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                      http://www.graphics-muse.com