[lug] More Spam Please?

Kenneth D. Weinert mc at quarter-flash.com
Mon Jun 2 12:39:50 MDT 2003

On Mon, Jun 02, 2003 at 12:25:23PM -0600, The Matt wrote:
> OK folks, this is perhaps the stupidest question I've ever posed (and I
> post on a.r.k), but it has a purpose.  Is there a good, reversible way
> to get more spam?

	Two methods suggest themselves: 1 get a "throwaway" address
(hotmail or whatever) and harvest that.

	Secondly, if you're running, for example qmail, post to an
alt.binary group with something like matt-spam at ...  then just have
procmail deliver that to your spamassassin or, at a later time, just
drop it, etc.

	These may be very naive ways of doing it - I'm sure you'll get
better suggestions :)

	I do wonder about not using a spam collection though - what
makes you unique from the rest of us that you're afraid you'd
misclassify some incoming mail if SA was trained from it? Odd friends
(well, you do talk with us :) or are you afraid you'd miss the "Grow
Your Antenna To ENORMOUS lengths with our Herbal Concoction!   wx8347"
messages?

/~\ The ASCII        Ken Weinert   mc at quarter-flash.com
\ / Ribbon Campaign  303-452-6603 (V) 303-705-4258 (F)
 X  Against HTML     GnuPG: 9274F1CE  GnuPG available at http://www.gnupg.org/
/ \ Email!           1D87 3720 BB77 4489 A928  79D6 F8EC DD76 9274 F1CE
I remember when legal used to mean lawful.  Now it means some kind of
loophole.  --Leo Kessler