[lug] OT: Paid User Study

Bill Wimsatt bwimsatt at coraccess.com
Tue Jun 3 10:47:48 MDT 2003

I am not sure if anyone could use some pocket money, but I thought some
on this list could use a few bucks. Quintas design in Boulder needs
participants for a useability study. BTW, these come up from time to
time (1 or 2 per year), if anyone objects to me sending these please let
me know and I will not send them out.

We are currently looking for people who would have time THIS WEEK to
participate in a usability study of an aspect of Sun's website.  You
would need to be available to come to the Broomfield, CO  location on
Wednesday June 4, Thursday June 5 or Friday June 6 this week for 45
minutes.  We will pay you $50 in American Express gift cheques for your
participation.
In order to qualify for this study you must meet the following criteria:
YOU MUST BE VERY FAMILIAR WITH SUN PRODUCTS
YOU HAVE NOT PARTICIPATED IN ANOTHER SUN STUDY IN THE PAST 3 MONTHS
You must be or have recently been one of the following:
A Sys Admin who works with SUN products
A software developer who work with Sun products (e.g., Java or Solaris)
or someone who is more business oriented who researches, recommends,
and/or approves purchases for Sun products
If you meet those general requirements, please answer the following
questions and return the answers to me via email at
ewebb at quintusdesign.com. <mailto:ewebb at quintusdesign.com.%A0>   If you
qualify for the study, I will contact you for scheduling time for you to
participate at the Broomfield Campus Usability Labs:
1.  What is your current job role (or most recent role, e.g. within the
last six months)
2.  How much experience do you have in that job role?
3.  How familiar are you with:
The Sun website
Sun Hardware Products
Sun Software Products
Sun Services
4.  On average, how often would you say you use or look at the Sun
website?
Thank you very much for your time.  I will be contacting you shortly
regarding your participation in this study.

Regards,
Erika
Erika Noll Webb, Ph.D.
Partner, Design Scientist