[lug] Linux from Windows

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Mon Jul 28 11:42:13 MDT 2003

If you are already familiar with how to set up Linux to Linux remote X
applications via either direct or SSH tunneling, the Cygwin X server
under Windows works well, and is free.

You can also run a VNC server on the machine and launch a desktop from
any machine that has a VNC viewer.  Another free solution, if your time
is free.

There are also commercial solutions.  A number of them.  All of which
require $ which I'm loathe to spend, being a dyed-in-the-wool
cheapskate.  :-)

Nate Duehr, nate at natetech.com

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
"When all else fails, play dead."