[lug] System configuration files

Paul E Condon pecondon at peakpeak.com
Wed Jul 30 20:27:14 MDT 2003

I think this is covered in the Debian policy. Things of questionable security
are surely not going to be mounted permanently. Either they pass some test and
are mounted permanently in the place for permanent parts of the system, or they
are dropped as not yet ready for prime time. In either case, if they are "mounted"
the mount point should be in /mnt. The Debian policy really does have a lot of
things covered already.

Someone said "Anyone who does not know UNIX is condemned to re-invent it, badly."

Likewise for the Debian FHS.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon at peakpeak.com