[lug] Colocation recommendations: strike American ISP

B Giles bldrbear at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 4 23:13:23 MDT 2003

Something finally go through - possibly the very harsh tone and deadline -
but I finally got a response from the owner.

"Have pity on me, I have 8800 customers and they're all calling and writing!
  My staff is working 100 hour weeks!"

I pointed out that he doesn't have 8800 colocated customers,  that the
colocated customers are all businesses with their own customers who have
been cut off without warning, and that I'm working 100 hour weeks as well
but I'm duplicating the effort of last week instead of finishing up some
bids, etc.

I won't even get into his comment about how he trusted my colocated server
was alive and well.  If they can't even run ping against their own netblock
to identify which machines didn't recover... I mean, that pretty much says
it all!

Bear

P.S., I'm the type of person who logs the serial numbers of his hard disks,
retains the barcodes from the drive packaging, etc.