[lug] Re: SSL for Apache 2.0 on Debian

B Giles bldrbear at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 5 10:15:26 MDT 2003

>From: rm at fabula.de

>On Mon, Aug 04, 2003 at 02:59:28PM -0600, B Giles wrote:
> > >I would expect that you only really need to do is generate a
>certificate
> > and put the appropriate directives in your httpd.conf
> >
> > Silly earthling, there is no httpd.conf in Apache2!
>
>I'm not up to fight with aliens, but there shure _is_ an httpd.conf
>on in Apache2 -- at least on the boxes i maintain

But _Debian_ Apache2 doesn't use the httpd.conf file:

$ ls -l /etc/apache2/httpd.conf
-rw-r--r--   1  root   root        0  Aug 3 0017 httpd.conf

(from unstable Apache2 2.0.47 package built against stable libc).  The OP
asked about the Debian package, so being sent to an empty httpd.conf file
would be a bit confusing.

Bear