[lug] Re: SSL for Apache 2.0 on Debian

rm at fabula.de rm at fabula.de
Tue Aug 5 02:19:53 MDT 2003

On Mon, Aug 04, 2003 at 02:59:28PM -0600, B Giles wrote:
> >I would expect that you only really need to do is generate a certificate
> and put the appropriate directives in your httpd.conf
>
> Silly earthling, there is no httpd.conf in Apache2!

I'm not up to fight with aliens, but there shure _is_ an httpd.conf
on in Apache2 -- at least on the boxes i maintain (several versions
of Apache2 compiled form official tarballs or CVS). AFAIK Debian
(and maybe others) ship with the setup you mention (nice for colocated
sites but grossly overcompicated for single site users IMHO).

<snip>more good advice ...</snip>

 Ralf Mattes