[lug] colo at home info

B Giles bldrbear at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 14 20:09:29 MDT 2003

I contacted the business side of the shop, made my needs clear, and was
offered Comcast Pro (residential).

I don't know if the difference is related to the build out, the salesman, or
whatever.  But there's no way I'm going to pay twice as much as basic
service and not have the ability to run public SSH or HTTP servers, and the
guy I was talking to never got back to me when I made it clear that I need
unfiltered ports.

As for the IP block, I don't know what they are.  Just that my IP address
didn't change during the brief time when I supposedly had CP.  That's how I
knew that the address would be unacceptable.  (I know my block has ports 22
and 80 blocked.)

Bear

P.S., for what it's worth I'm near Colorado & Foothills.