[lug] colo at home info

B Giles bldrbear at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 14 20:17:10 MDT 2003

>On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 05:02:13PM -0600, B Giles wrote:
> >But they're still Qwest.  I repeatedly said that I didn't need an ISP
> >because I would be self-hosting - I don't need their web or email
>servers,
>
>You *DO* need an ISP with Qwest DSL, because otherwise your packets
>aren't going anywhere.

Then this should all be bundled together under the general umbrella of
"connectivity" and be done with it.   Non-Qwest ISPs would have the rate
charged for their half of the equation adjusted accordingly.  ISP, for
better or worse, is now understood by most people to refer to email and web
hosting and the like...

(To be fair, I'll freely admit that much of this anger is driven by Lowes
Hardware.  I bought a storm door... then was told that besides the door
itself and the installation fee I agreed to, there's also a $60 delivery fee
and a $40 disposal fee (for the old door) and a ... by that time I cancelled
the order because the undisclosed fees surpassed my gag limit.)