[lug] colo at home info

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Fri Aug 15 19:36:34 MDT 2003

On Fri, Aug 15, 2003 at 09:23:15AM -0600, Nate Duehr wrote:
>for something like 22 days (back when I calculated it) 24 hours a day to
>hit the cap on the circuit I have.  I'm not planning on getting

I'm quite sure your math had issues.  They've switched their pricing
quite a lot, so I don't know exactly which math you were doing.  For
95th percentile, that adds up to around 1.5 days of usage.  It looks
like their pricing now is .5, 1, and 3 GB/month of traffic.

1GB averages to 4kbps, in which case you must have a pretty nasty DSL
line if that's anywhere near your full bandwidth.  For a 256kbps DSL, it
would take about 8 hours at full rate to exceed 1GB of traffic.

For their non-business DSL lines, they only include 0.5GB of included
bandwidth, so make that 4 hours.

>And while you're at it... complain that you can not purchase a DSL-ONLY
>line from Qwest.  They *require* that you have dial-tone on the line,
>which is obnoxious and not technically necessary.

That's a nice thing about Comcast, we didn't have to get cable TV to get
the net service.

Sean
--
 Why isn't phonetic spelled the way it sounds?
      Back off man. I'm a scientist.   http://HackingSociety.org/