[lug] RH 9.0 - LSI Logic Fibre Channel - XRaid

jef vratny jvratny at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 29 20:36:50 MDT 2003

Hi folks it's been a while since I 've posted, thanks to all the great
answers in the archives I rarely need to bother. However, I now have a
bit of a problem and after a few days searching, I'm at a loss for
what/how to do what I'm trying to accomplish.

Here's the situation. I have a Dual Xeon 1U running RH 9.0 with an LSI
Logic Dual Channel Fibre card, an Adaptec SCSI controller and 1 scsi
drive. Brand spanking new, runs great. Kudzu even recognized the LSI
card & configured it after I installed it. I also have a Mac XRaid - 2.5
TB and very pretty ;o)  I want to hang it off the linux box via the LSI
card. I had it hanging off a dual G4 w/OS X and all was fine, but OS X
doesn't support some of the apps I need to run. The apple reps say it
should be no problem to hang it off the linux box, their support guys
haven't gotten back to me yet. I want to try to work this out over the
long weekend so I thought I'd put it to the experts.

Here's my questions.

1) How do you mount a device on a fibre channel under linux? I'd RTFM,
but can't find one for this particular subject.

2) Has anybody on the list done anything even remotely like this?

Thanks in advance for any help.

// jef vratny