[lug] Help mounting a wierd cd-rom

Paul E Condon pecondon at peakpeak.com
Sat Aug 30 17:00:57 MDT 2003

On Sat, Aug 30, 2003 at 04:16:58PM -0600, Luke P wrote:
> Another idea I got was (probably on the Mac) use a cd-writer program to
> import the disc sessions (like if you were using a multi-session disc) then
> write them (this time with the closed option) to another cd-r (not your
> original, wouldn't want to ruin that yet.
>  If that doesn't work, and you really need something like an XP machine with
> a cd writer, maybe stop by a CompUSA and "try-out" one of their shelf demos,
> or maybe go to a library or a Kinko's (just a guess).
>  Hope that helps,
>  -Luke

I tried to read the CD on my wife's iMac. I got an alert message that the
data on the CD was not a standard Mac format, and offered to buttons:
'ignore' and 'eject'. I tried 'ignore'. The alert box went away, and the
iMac behaved as if there was no disk in the reader, and I had no way to
eject the disk because there was no icon to drag and drop on the trash can.
Sometimes GUI interfaces are a real show stopper. I had to reboot the iMac
to get the Alert box back and this time I chose 'eject'

I didn't try poking around in the terminal connection to the BSD Unix that
is hidden under Mac OS X. I'm much more familiar with Linux, and also get
much better help on the internet.

I'll try going over to CompUSA when the rain stops.

Thanks.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon at peakpeak.com