[lug] Understanding User Quotas

Joseph McDonald joem at uu.net
Fri Sep 19 21:05:46 MDT 2003

> It has been quite a while since I have had to manipulate quotas,
> but I thought there was a flag with quotaon that would include all
> the previous disk that a particular user/group had used. That would
> then be considered a portion of their respective disk quota. Sorry
> for the fog, but that is all I can remember off the top of my head.

Hey thanks Bill, you were right; I simply created a tar file with
all that users stuff, emptied out his dir, quotaoff && quotaon &&
untar and babing... thanks.

[root at ranger home]# du -sk ~nemo
2154088 /home/nemo
[root at ranger home]# repquota -a | grep nemo
nemo      -- 2154092 2900000 3000000          15299     0     0
[root at ranger home]#

	--joey