[lug] debian

Ferdinand Schmid fschmid at archenergy.com
Mon Sep 22 15:12:26 MDT 2003

--On Thursday, September 18, 2003 03:22:04 PM -0600 David Morris
<lists at morris-clan.net> wrote:

> Well, the "commercial" distributions are really all one
> distribution with minor tweaks....Mandrake and Suse are both
> really RH with small variations.  So yes, they are all
> different from Debian (or most of the other linux distros,
> for that matter).  Common sense works better on Debian too
> (at least for me, cannot speak for others).

I strongly disagree.  SuSE is way different than RedHat, although it
also uses RPM.  FYI - SuSE is quite a bit older than RedHat and only
since both distros tried to become LSB compliant they feel somewhat
similar.  Mandrake is a RH derivative.

Ferdinand

--
Ferdinand Schmid