[lug] "Squashing" users in wu-ftp

George Sexton gsexton at mhsoftware.com
Sun Oct 12 22:36:31 MDT 2003

I guess it depends.

Can you configure wu-ftp to have "Force Create Mode" so that you can
force the files to be created group read/write? If so, then you are
covered. By setting the dirs SETGID then any new dirs would have the
same group permissions as the parent, and if the files are force created
with RW, then any user can overwrite any other users files. If you
cannot force the create mode, then the users will have to delete
existing files, rather than overwriting.