[lug] No more RedHat for regular folks!

Ferdinand Schmid fschmid at archenergy.com
Wed Nov 5 15:26:00 MST 2003

You can read the traditional IT publictions and will find that SuSE
won't change its offerings due to the acquisition by Novell.  Novell
needed Linux and SuSE needed a distribution and support channel and
that's what the combined company can do.

If my sources are correct then the Novell/SuSE company will go after
the RedHat users who don't like the new licensing scheme.  I would bet
on there being an affordable (and cheaper than Windows) version of
SuSE Linux for a long time.  That is part of their bread and butter,
especially in light of Novell's acquisition of Ximian.

Ferdinand

--On Wednesday, November 05, 2003 01:52:08 PM -0700 "Record, James N"