[lug] SuSE v9.0 mouse strangeness

P. Scott DeVos scott at savingtree.com
Sat Nov 8 18:26:40 MST 2003

I have several installations of starview sv series kvm switches and use
the sv 411 (4 port) kvm swtich on my own desktop. So far they have
worked for anything I have plugged into them including a variety of
wired and wireless keyboards and wheel mice.  These switches emulate the
devices actually plugged into them to all attached computers.

Tony Dyson wrote:
> I've used a number a different KVM systems, & getting predctable &
> acceptable mouse behavior is more art than science.
>
> FWIW, the general rules seem to be not to connect or configure anything
> more exotic than a vanilla 2-button mouse, & that for each different O/S
> you're going to have to disable (by trial & error) one or more of the
> software "enhancements" to the mouse behavior.

P. Scott DeVos